|Free if you qualify
|Sign up now
|Sign up now
|Sign up now
|Sign up now
|Prepare/Negotiate Contract Language ?|
|Prepare Inspection Notice Language ?|
|Review Closing Documents ?|
|Review/Negotiate Title Commitment ?|
|Review Survey/Work with Surveyor ?|
|Attend Closing ?|
|Unlimited Amendments to Contract ?|
|Prepare/Respond to Contract Termination ?|
|Prepare/Respond to Final Walk-Through Notice ?|
|Communicate with Lender ?|
|Review Inspection Reports ?|
|Up to 1-Hour Extended Consultation ?|
|Customized List of Deadlines ?|
|Review Construction Loan Documents ?|
Residential Real Estate Packages1
Partial Contingent Fee3
|“Basic” Home Purchase/Sale Package||$799 Free if you qualify||$319 (+$799 at closing)|
|“Standard” Home Purchase/Sale Package||$1,149||$459 (+$1,149 at closing)|
|“Plus” Home Purchase/Sale Package||$1,699||$679 (+$1,699 at closing)|
|“Deluxe” Residential Home Purchase/Sale Package||$2,2494||$899 (+$2,249 at closing)|
The $1,699 package is recommended for first time home buyers5.
If a Flat Fee
If Partial Contingent Fee
|Contract Amendment only as to Closing Date||$50||$70|
|Contract Amendment only as to a Contingency Date||$50||$70|
|Contract Amendment (other)||$125||$175|
|Prepare/Review/Respond to Final Walk-Through Notice||$125||$175|
|Prepare Timeline of Deadlines||$125||$175|
|Review Title Commitment||$125||$175|
|Communicate with Title Company||$125||$175|
|Communicate with Surveyor||$125||$175|
|Addendum not included in original Sale Contract||$175||$245|
|Review Closing Documents||$210||$350|
|Deed for Real Property Conveyance8||$225||$315|
|Communicate with Lender||$250||$350|
|Residential Lease Prepare/Review (up to 4 pages)9||$250||$350|
|Promissory Note (Owner Financing)||$250||$350|
|Deed of Trust (Mortgage – Owner Financing)||$250||$350|
|Prepare/Review/Respond to Termination Notice||$250||$350 (w/ Mutual Release)|
|Prepare/Review/Negotiate Purchase/Sale Contract||$490||$550|
|Attend Home Purchase/Sale Closing ?||$350||$500|
|Review All Private Inspection Reports||$350||$490|
|Unlimited Contract Amendments||$400||$600|
|Conduct Closing at Law Office10||$600||$840|
|Custom Notice (up to 2 pages, then per page)||$100||$140|
|Custom Purchase/Sale Contract||$500||$700|
|Custom Residential Lease||$500||$700|
|Custom Easement||$350 to start||$490 to start|
|Review Condo/HOA/Subdivision Documents||$25/page ($500 min.)||$35/page ($700 min.)|
|Review New Construction Contract||$100/page||$140/page|
|Review Non-Standard Purchase/Sale Contract / Lease||$100/page ($350 min.)||$140/page ($490 min.)|
|Review other Non-Standard or Custom Document||$125/page||$175/page|
If flat or partial contingent fees are not chosen or applicable, and for work outside the scope of any package chosen, Lawyer’s regular hourly rate for Principals of the firm is $325/hr. Paralegal, Associate and Contract Attorney rates range from $99 – $275/hr., billed in increments of 6 minutes, but such hourly rates may be increased from time to time upon reasonable notice to the Client.
Notes To Pricing
- All listed flat fees are standard charges as of the date/time accessed from our website, and are subject to the terms of the signed Lawyer-Client Fee Agreement. This fee schedule is updated regularly, so clients and potential clients should check this web link prior to engaging such services. Actual fees may vary in the event of additional services requested by the client, negotiation between Lawyer and Client, complicating factors which require additional time and effort on a particular matter, or if travel outside of an offered package deal is required. Additional Services available for additional fees. All fees listed in this section assume Client is utilizing either Home Sweet Legal® documents we have already generated for use by our clients (“HSL Documents”) or the “standard” documents provided for use by either a state or local bar association or the largest real estate trade group (by number of real estate licensees) for facilitating home sales in the county where the property at issue is located. If not, custom document rates or hourly fees will apply. We reserve the right to waive or reduce the fee requirements on a case by case basis, and no such waiver or non-enforcement in one instance shall entitle a Client to receive another such waiver or fee reduction. No such waiver or fee reduction for one Client shall entitle another to such a waiver or fee reduction.
- Flat fees cover only services listed as covered by such fees on our website. For more detailed information go to www.homesweetlegal.com/fees/residential/details. To get these flat fee prices, members of the site must sign up directly through the website www.HomeSweetLegal.com. Lawyer agrees to reduce the hourly rates of Members of the firm to $275/hr. within the scope of Package work, and Client agrees that if Client opts out of a package at any time that Client will incur regular hourly rates.
- This is a type of contingent fee. Lawyer only earns 40% of the flat fee amount initially; the balance of the fee, an additional 100% of the flat fee amount, is payable only if the transaction closes. So if the deal closes, you will pay 140% of the flat fee amount, but if it does not, you will only pay 40% of the flat fee amount. If governing law requires, Clients choosing contingent fee options shall sign/click acceptance of brokerage services/referral services and all associated documentation and disclosures from HSL Real Estate Services (“Brokerage”), a real estate brokerage under common control with Home Sweet Legal, or other brokerage under such common control (collectively, “HSL Affiliates”). Lawyer agrees to reduce the hourly rates of Members of the firm to $275/hr. within the scope of Package work, and Client agrees that if Client opts out of a package at any time that Client will incur regular hourly rates.
- This package requires a great deal more of our time, effort and attention than the less expensive options. At higher listing or purchases prices, the deals may also be more complicated and the stakes are obviously much higher, warranting the extra time spent on the matter. Although the name of the package is “Deluxe”, it is still an “unbundled” service, meaning that we are only providing those services listed in the fee agreement and on our website within this package.
- In our experience, first time home buyers require more explanation and guidance than seasoned home buyers, and therefore are likely to incur additional charges on lower priced packages. Since first time home buyers are often on a tight budget and nervous about their first home purchase, we believe it makes most sense for them to choose the “Plus” or “Full” package.
- Some of these services will be included in the package you have chosen if you are a package client. For more detailed information go to www.homesweetlegal.com/fees/residential/details. All fees listed in this section assume Client is utilizing either Home Sweet Legal® documents we have already generated for use by our clients (“HSL Documents”) or the “standard” documents provided for use by either a state or local bar association or the largest real estate trade group (by number of real estate licensees) for facilitating home sales in the county where the property at issue is located. If not, custom document rates or hourly fees will apply.
- Flat fee Package Clients enjoy additional discounted pricing. To be entitled to the reduced flat fee prices, Package Clients must email their requests to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the attorney or paralegal assigned to the member’s file.
- Does not include costs of conducting closing, escrowing funds or notarization. Notarization in our office will be provided gratis, when available.
- $75 per additional page after four (4) pages. Four (4) page limit includes all of the lease, addenda, exhibits, rules & regulations and associated documents, and assumes 8.5” x 11” paper and 11-point Times New Roman Font or larger. Smaller fonts or legal-size (or other size) paper will result in a larger page count once converted.
- Neither Home Sweet Legal® nor any HSL Affiliates will administer or disburse any funds at closing. Administration and disbursement of funds shall be the responsibility of the Client. Most residential closings in the geographic vicinity of our offices take place at title companies. If the Buyer in your transaction is NOT obtaining title insurance, you may want to close at our offices.
- All pricing herein assumes 8.5” x 11” paper and 11-point Times New Roman Font or larger. Smaller fonts or legal-size (or other size) paper will result in a larger page count once converted.